Buildings insurance covers the cost of rebuilding your property if it is damaged or destroyed.

It is compulsory if you have a mortgage, but strongly advisable if you do not. If you make home improvements, such as adding an extension or a loft conversion, you will need to check that you are still covered. You may also wish to take out extra cover for additional risks if you live in an area liable to flooding or subsidence, for example.

Buildings insurance usually covers loss or damage caused by:

  • Natural disasters such as storms, floods and earthquakes
  • Fire and explosions
  • Fallen trees, lampposts, aerials or satellite dishes
  • Accidental damage from vehicle or aircraft collisions
  • Frozen or burst pipes
  • Theft, attempted theft and vandalism

What’s on your buildings insurance checklist? At NIS, we are only at the end of the phone to talk over your individual insurance requirements.

Nobody has time to be put on hold for hours or attempt speaking to an automated answering machine. We are real people handling real insurance quotations on a one-to-one basis every day. It is our bespoke service that makes us stand out from other insurance providers.

For further information, call us on 01609 773 748 or simply complete the form below.

Other Insurance Services

We have a wide range of services available

Just some of our providers...